We offer Oracy to Writing Training for KS1 and KS2 teaching practitioners. The training will provide practitioners with all the methods and techniques necessary to enable them to successfully implement the Oracy to Writing Process in their schools and achieve dramatic results.
Training Programme For Both KS1 And KS2
Phil McDermott will take participants through an in depth examination of the theories and techniques of the Oracy to Writing Process, using practical exercises, reflection and discussions. This inspiring training will enable practitioners to understand and successfully implement this new, vibrant, enjoyable and challenging scheme of work.
The Training Sessions Will Enable Practitioners To Develop:
- An understanding and appreciation of why oracy is fundamental to learning.
- A keener understanding and awareness of children’s voice.
- An understanding of how to use the drama and oracy exercises associated with the Process.
- The importance of Ritual in Oracy and learning.
- An Oracy friendly classroom through use of the ‘Sacred Space’
- A more secure classroom management practice whilst encouraging children’s Oracy.
- A greater confidence when ceding the vocal space to children.
- A more refreshed and revitalized practice when linking elements of the Oracy to Writing Process to all other aspects of the curriculum using key questions and mapping.
- Increased opportunities to share practice with other staff members.
- Each participant and their school will have two months FREE access to The Story Emporium website.
Website Access Will Enable Schools To:
- Play and view 90 beautifully stories created, adapted and told by Phil McDermott for; Reception, KS1 and KS2.
- Download a comprehensive Oracy to Writing Guide book. This will enable practitioners to understand how to implement the Process in their school.
- Download 240 easy to follow lesson plans, together with lesson extensions, activities and handy appendices, especially created for KS1 and KS2 by Phil McDermott.
- Uploading facilities: Teachers, school staff and children will be able to upload their own video, audio and written stories on to the site to share with others.
- Users Story Library: Access to a library of video, audio and written stories contributed by children, teachers and school staff from all over the world.
We can organise training in your area or your school.
(A Minimum of 15 participants.)
Please contact us if you have any questions or you want to book a training course.